The Bayelsa State Traditional Rulers Wives Association, from May 1-4, 2018, hosted the Maiden Edition of the Niger Delta Royal Queens Peace-building S
The Bayelsa State Traditional Rulers Wives Association, from May 1-4, 2018, hosted the Maiden Edition of the Niger Delta Royal Queens Peace-building Summit 2018 with the theme: An Enlightened Queen is an Enlightened Community. The event was attended by queens from the nine states of the Niger Delta region-Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers States and had as sub-themes: Peace Building/Conflict Resolution, Etiquette/Value System, Entrepreneurship, Stress Management, Educating and Protecting the Girl Child, a Panacea for Developing the Community. Venue was Honni Hills Hotels and Resorts, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
The summit was dedicated and declared open by Arch Bishop of the Niger Delta Anglican Communion, His Grace Ignatius Kattey and chaired by His Royal Majesty King Alfred Diete-Spiff, chairman Bayelsa State Council of Traditional Rulers and Apostle Zilly Aggrey, general overseer of Royal House of Grace International delivered a Breakfast exhortation.
His Excellency Hon Seriake Dickson, executive governor of Bayelsa State and the First Lady , Dr Mrs Rachael Seriake Dickson were chief hosts.
Chairperson of Bayelsa State Traditional Rulers Wives Association, convener of the summit, said the programme was a long held dream to help pass on lessons to royal queens to help them add value to their domain.
The Royal Niger Delta Queens expressed appreciation to the Bayelsa State Governor Hon Seriake Dickson, First Lady of the State, Dr Rachael Dickson, Hon and Senator en Bruce for support to the summit.
The Niger Delta Queens after deliberations on the above issues made the following declarations:
1. That all Niger Delta Queens are committed to working to restore peace in the region
2. That government at all levels should intensify effort to protect women, the girl-child and children from abuses and deprivation.
3. That the Niger Delta Royal Queens will Campaign for an end to all forms of gender based violence.
4. That all Queens advocate for the education of the Girl Child and promote adult and functional education to change the status of women and girls in the region and help engender peace.
5. That Niger Delta Queens should be more proactive in supporting their husbands (the kings) in developing their domain
6. That Niger Delta Queens say ‘NO to Trafficking, No Organ Harvesting, and No to abuse of Orphanages
7. That the Queens visit NAPTIP offices in the nine Niger Delta states to partner against human trafficking.
Her Majesty Dr Mrs Josephine Diete-Spiff, Chairperson Bayelsa State Traditional Rulers’ Wives