Some operatives of the Edo State Police Command have arrested an 84-year-old man, Gabriel Ahuwa for allegedly killing his 75-year-old wife for denying him sex.
The father of seven children alleged that his wife had refused to have sex with him for a very long time.
The octogenarian who spoke with journalists, said he reported the matter to his children and one of her daughters came to talk to his wife but she did not pay attention.
According to the elderly man, his wife was not listening to him, anytime he asked her to come and sleep with him, she always declined, even when she knows that they have seven children together-five boys and two girls.
He said, “I reported the matter to my family and her family, but she failed to listen to them and continued her old ways, and I was hearing information that pastors were sleeping with her.
“Each time I demanded sex, either she would tell me she is sick or she has an ulcer, yet I am hearing a rumour that she is sleeping with other men and I don’t have money to carry prostitutes.”
The grandpa also indicted his late wife for ‘poisoning’ his children’s minds, thereby making them stop sending him money or picking up his calls.
He said, “So on Saturday, last week in the afternoon, in the house, I picked up a cutlass and [cut] her all over her body. I did it in anger because she is not obeying me and I want people to know of it.”
He said he regretted killing his wife after committing the crime.
One of his sons who does not want his name to be mentioned, however denied the allegation of abandoning their father, adding that they sent money to him only five days ago.
The elderly man was among the 198 suspects paraded by the Edo State Police Command for various offenses ranging from alleged armed robbery, kidnapping, unlawful possession of firearms, murder, cultism, and other social vices.
- How Govt Allocated N152m To Moribund Rivers State Sports Institute Isaka In 4 Years
- Spill Of Oil And Blood: Shell Oil Spillage Fuels Cult Crisis In Bodo, Claims 2 Lives
- Obari Gomba, 2 Others Emerge Finalists In 2023 NLNG Prize For Literature
- Brothers To Pay 3 Sisters N72m For Denying Them Share in Father’s Property
- This Is Who I Am – Senator Florence Ita-Giwa
- No! Kagame, No! Let Africa Come Of Age
- Guinea Junta Leader Denounces Western Democracy
- Shaibu Bows, Apologises to Obaseki After Being Locked Out