Senator Magnus Abe lifted the spirits of journalists in Rivers State, when he paid a condolence visit to members of the Rivers State chapter of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ on Friday, June 30.
The visit which occasioned recall of memories of his days as state Information Commissioner and the relationship with the press, with the former secretary to the Rivers State government calling on the media to reflect to improve on their performance.
He expressed sympathy over the death of four journalists over a short period and handed some cash to the bereaved families.
Senator Abe used the opportunity to introduce his Senator Magnus Abe Association, SMA with a message for a government that thinks about the people.
The NUJ chairman, Stanley Job Stanley who welcomed him to the NUJ secretariat, described him as a friend of the media whose visit will boost the morale of journalists in the state and grant succor to the bereaved families.
On behalf of the bereaved families, Mrs Chidi Sam-Walson, wife of the late publisher of Rivers Today Newspaper, thanked Abe for being the first to so identify with the NUJ and the direct families and prayed to God to grant him his desire.
- National Point Newspaper’s Two Day Media Training on Investigative Journalism, Inclusive Development and Accountability
- 8 Strange Uses For Cinnamon
- Extrajudicial Executions Under The Guise Of Tackling Insecurity In The South East Must Stop- Amnesty Int’l
- Oil Politics: Niger Delta Will Disengage From Nigeria – Prof G.G. Darah
- Divesting Not In The People’s Interest – ERA/FoEN
- More Condemnation Trails Reintroduction Of Water Resources Bill At NASS
- Akwa Ibom Calls For Inclusion of Mother-Tongue in School Curriculum
- 2023: Ex-Minister Faults Tinubu’s Claim On Naira To Dollar Equivalent