As Nigerians count down to the 2023 elections, the Nigeria Police Force has announced the redeployment of senior police officers for the elections.
A release signed by the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Rivers State Police Command, SP Iringe Koko states that the Rivers State Police commissioner, CP Okon Effiong has been drafted to Enugu State for the election while an assistant inspector general of police, AIG Abutu Yaro will lead four police commissioners for election duties in Rivers State.
The release read:
“The Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone 13 (Awka), Anambra State, AIG Abutu Yaro, will supervise four (4) Commissioners of Police deployed to Rivers State for the 2023 General Elections. The CP’s are CP Yomi Olanrewaju, CP Samuel Musa, CP Akande Sikiru, and CP Aderemi Adeoye, coordinating the State Headquarters.
“Meanwhile, the Rivers Police Command Commissioner of Police, CP Okon O. Effiong, has been redeployed for election duty to Enugu State.
“AIG Abutu Yaro, can be reached on GSM no. 08037233584, while the Commissioners of Police phone numbers will be made available in due course.
“The Command urges the people of Rivers State to come out en masse to exercise their franchise and vote for candidates of their choice; as adequate deployments have been made to ensure that elections are peaceful, secured, free, fair, and credible”.
- COMMUNIQUE ON THE 2023 WOMEN WATER SUMMIT/WORLD WATER DAY CELEBRATION HELD ON MARCH 23, 2023 AT THE CATHOLIC PASTORAL CENTRE IGWURUTA RIVERS STATE
- CODE ENDS ONE-DAY SOUTH-SOUTH STAKEHOLDERS TOWN-HALL MEETING
- A-Ibom YPP guber candidate urges Police to probe alleged killings of three persons in Ibiono Ibom
- Anybody who wins is my candidate – Gov Emmanuel
- Five political thugs nabbed in Akwa Ibom
- Akwa Ibom Police Command deploys 11,000 for guber, HoA polls
- UPLAND/RIVERINE POLITICAL DICHOTOMY: CAN THE IJAWS RECLAIM THEIR TRADITIONAL DOMINANCE IN RIVERS STATE?
- CIEPD CALLS ON INEC TO RESPECT THE ELECTORAL ACT