Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State has been accused by an All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain in the state over what he claimed is the governor’s deliberate refusal to explain in clear terms to Deltans, what the state realizes monthly as internally generated revenue.( IGR)
Patrick Ishie, the Ndokwa West Local Government Council coordinator of the Ovienebi 2023 governorship slammed Okowa for ensuring that issues relating to internally generated revenue (IGR) in the state is shrouded in secrecy which he said is not good for the image of the state.
According to him, Deltans are entitled to know what the state generates on monthly basis as her internally generated revenues and what the state governor is utilizing such money for.
He berated the governor for not adhering to the principles of fairness, transparency and accountability in respect to the internally generated revenues, even as he added that the level of development in Delta state is not commensurate with what the state gets as her sources of revenue.
Patrick Ishie labelled the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) as a party which lack ethos, discipline and clear-cut manifestos for the citizens of the country.
He advised Deltans to vote out the PDP from all elective positions in the forthcoming elections in the state, saying that with Okowa’s abysmal performance, it is very evident that the party has nothing positive to offer the citizens.
Ishie urged Deltans to vote massively for Ovie Omo-Agege and his deputy Hon. Friday Osanebi and all APC candidates for elective positions in 2023.
Offering an alternative, he said, “If one assesses, analyzes and x-rays properly, the ‘EDGE’ programme of Ovie Omo-Agege is second to none, as it will usher in an era of even development, progress and growth for the various sectors of the state”.
- TEXT OF PRESS BRIEFING BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE IJAW NATIONAL CONGRESS (INC), PROFESSOR BENJAMIN OKABA, ON THE DESPICABLE ACTS OF LIFE-THREATENING POLITICAL VIOLENCE UNLEASHED IN IJAW LAND AMIDST CAMPAIGNS FOR THE 2023 GENERAL ELECTIONS HELD AT THE IJAW HOUSE, YENAGOA, BAYELSA STATE, ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 4, 2023.
- Rivers LP Guber Condoles HRM OCC Nsirim’s Widow
- Women To March For Peaceful Elections Feb 2
- 2023 elections: women to march for peaceful polls in Lagos
- DELCOF Urge President Muhammadu Buhari To Avert Plots Against 2023 Elections
- Gov. Wike Donates Prado Jeep To Bishop Ekpeye
- Hard Life, Hard Drugs; Cultism, Easy Access To Hard Drugs Spike Psychotic Disorder Among Youths In Rivers State
- Indorama Train-3: Eleme Council Demands Employment, Security and Power Supply