1. IkeEkweremadu is the longest-serving presiding officer in the history of theNational Assembly (NA) having served at the Deputy Senate President for 12Consecutive Years.
2. Only 2 lawmakers has featured in all NA assembly Inauguration since the return of civil rule and the 4th Republic in 1999 till date. They are Sen. Ahmed Lawan and Hon. Nicholas Ebomo Mutu. They are both serving their 6th terms in the NA with their inauguration today.
3. Hon.Nicholas Ebomo Mutu representing Bomadi/Patani Federal Constituency, Deltastate is the longest and highest serving Federal Lawmaker of the Green Chamberof the NA. He is on a 6th term.
4. WithFemi Gbajabiamila emergence as the Speaker House of Representative, he is thefirst person in Nigeria history to ever hold the trio positions of the leaderof the opposition (Minority Leader), Leader of the ruling party (MajorityLeader) and Leader of the House of Representative (Speaker)
5. Allexcept one of the 9 NA members from Kwara state Inaugurated today are Freshers,they have the highest percentage of freshers across the whole Federation.
6. Only3 lawmakers Inaugurated in the 4th Assembly in 1999 are Inaugurated in thetoday’s 9th Assembly in 2019.
7.Throughout his 4-year stay in the 8th Assembly, Senator David Mark did notcontribute to any debate on the floor of the house and he was the only Senatorthat does not belong to any standing committee
8.Former Senate President David Mark is the longest Serving Senator in Nigeriahistory, quitting the Red Chamber last week after a 20 years stay. He is alsoNigeria longest serving Senate President
9.Senator Ovie Omo Agege is the first Senators to win a re-election in DeltaCentral Senatorial District. He sponsored over 10 bills in the 8th Assembly,reportedly the most by any Senator of the 8th Assembly.
10. With312 bills passed, the 8th Assembly Senate under the leadership of SenatorBukola Saraki has passed as twice as many bills as any other assemblies inNigeria history.
By Tosin Oluwatope