PRESS RELEASE, March 16, 2021
Civil Society Advance Forum on Sustainable Development (CAS2030), Demand Justice for Miss Queen Clever
…Charge Delta State Police to Carry out Thorough Investigation, Fish Out Queen’s Killer(s)
The Civil Society Advance Forum on Sustainable Development (CAS2030), a coalition of NGOs in Nigeria, is, demanding justice for Queen Clever who was reportedly beheaded in Ozoro town, Delta Sstate.
This ugly incident which occurred on the 8th of March 2021, is an eyesore and we are hereby saying, ‘Enough is Enough’ to ritual killings and all forms of brutality against the female gender in Delta state.
The victim, Queen Clever as gathered from her mother, was in her spot where she roasts and sells plantains on that faithful day, when she received a phone call from a supposed customer for a delivery of roasted plantains.
According to the mother’s statement, we believe the victim went for the supply in response to this order placed through the phone call but she never returned until she was found beheaded.
While we sympathize with the family of the deceased, we are calling on the Delta state police to carry out a thorough investigation to ensure the perpetrators of this evil act are apprehended and appropriate punishments meted out to them.
We are also urging security agencies in Delta State to employ all their intelligence and expertise to ensure criminals never see Delta State as a safe haven.
Signed: FOR CAS2030,
2. Noble Delta Women for Peace and Development Int’l
3. David Odeareduo, Environmental Protection Promoters Initiative -EPPI
4. Women Initiative for Value Empowerment and Sustainability International (WIVES Int’)
5. Joy Tobele, Initiative For Peace And Stability (IPAS)
6. Augusta Impact, Afro Centre for Development Peace and Justice (AFRODEP)
7. Strategic Welfare Initiative for South -South (SWISS).
8. Constance Meju, Center for Media Environment and Development Communication
9. Working Fingers Int’l Initiative
10. Our Lady of Perpetual Help initiative (OLPHI)
11. KEFFES Rural Development Foundation (KRDF)
12. Environmental Friendly Initiative.
13. Comrade Nelson Nnanna Nwafor, Foundation for Environmental Rights Advocacy and Development FENRAD
#Justice for Queen Clever
#No to Gender Based Violence
- Tinubu’s Certificate: Open Society And Its Enemies
- Voters Were A Disappointment In Bayelsa Off-Cycle Election – Nengi James
- Vote Buying, Indifference Define Bayelsa Governorship Election
- Military Gunboat Caused Bayelsa Election Boat Mishap – Victim
- Oborevwori’s CPS Promises Govt/NUJ Collaboration
- Abua People Cry Out To Gov Fubara
- CKC Parish Priest, Very Rev. MSGR Charles Agu Marks 50th Anniversary Of Priestly Ordination, 76 Birthday Celebration
- Crime Against Journalists: IPC Urges Journalists To Be Safety Conscious