The Delta State Ministry of Justice has assured the Delta Legal Hub, a Non-Governmental Organization, of partnership, to enable the organization seek redress for victims of trafficking in persons and irregular migration in the state.
The Delta Legal Hub is a brain child of the International Organizations for Migration, (IOM).
The state Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Isaiah Bozimo gave the assurance in Asaba, when members of Delta Legal Hub paid him a courtesy visit.
He commended the Delta Legal Hub for the synergy in combatting human trafficking, saying the role they play in the fight against human trafficking and irregular migration is crucial in the overall interest of the state.
He added that the task force, as set up by the state governor for human trafficking and irregular migration has been partnering with IOM and other domestic and international bodies.
He maintained that the ministry’s vision and the Delta legal hub are in alignment, especially the office of the public defender that provides free legal services particularly for those vulnerable victims in the society.
The Attorney-General noted that the ministry’s interest is to ensure that there is a reduction of trafficking in persons in the state
Earlier, coordinator of the Delta Legal Hub, Mr. Paul Azuka disclosed that one of the reasons they want the synergy is for referral from the Ministry of Justice to the public and trust from the victims of trafficking in persons and irregular migration.
He added that the hub offers legal service to victims of trafficking and sensitizes the public on the ills of irregular migration.
Azuka maintained that the hub will continue to support the government to curb the menace, and assist those repatriated that have civil claims.
- How Govt Allocated N152m To Moribund Rivers State Sports Institute Isaka In 4 Years
- Spill Of Oil And Blood: Shell Oil Spillage Fuels Cult Crisis In Bodo, Claims 2 Lives
- Obari Gomba, 2 Others Emerge Finalists In 2023 NLNG Prize For Literature
- Brothers To Pay 3 Sisters N72m For Denying Them Share in Father’s Property
- This Is Who I Am – Senator Florence Ita-Giwa
- No! Kagame, No! Let Africa Come Of Age
- Guinea Junta Leader Denounces Western Democracy
- Shaibu Bows, Apologises to Obaseki After Being Locked Out