The Market Women Committee of the All Progressive Congress (APC) has educated traders across major markets in Benin City on the SIMPLE Agenda manifesto of its Edo 2020 governorship candidate, Pastor Osage Ize-Iyamu.
Educating the traders at New Benin Market, Hon Sweet Ikponmwosa, organizing secretary of the committee, said the rally was to tell the traders the plans Ize-Iyamu has for traders if elected governor. Sweet lampooned Governor Obaseki-led administration for failing to provide security in market places following a series of fire outbreaks in major markets across the state, while assuring the market women that Ize-Iyamu will implement plans in his manifesto to secure the markets through the provision of a functional lighting system and an effective security network within the markets.
“The SIMPLE Agenda manifesto is about the security of life and property, empowerment, employment, social welfare, good leadership amongst others,” she informed them.
“We want you to support this change that will make life better for everyone. The present administration has refused to provide security for markets and this has led to the loss of millions of naira through fire outbreaks.The governor promised to give succor to victims whose goods were destroyed by the fire, but has not fulfilled this promise as I speak today,” Sweet pointed out.
Chairman of the Committee, Mrs. Shina Peters educated the market women on safe ways to participate in the electoral process and the proper way to cast votes on the election day.
Responding, one of the traders, Mr. Emmanuel Chinedu, said APC under the Adams Oshiomole administration constructed roads and schools all of which are still in good shape while the Obaseki-administration embarked on the imprisonment of market women and commercial bus drivers over minor offenses.
- DELCOF Urge President Muhammadu Buhari To Avert Plots Against 2023 Elections
- Gov. Wike Donates Prado Jeep To Bishop Ekpeye
- Hard Life, Hard Drugs; Cultism, Easy Access To Hard Drugs Spike Psychotic Disorder Among Youths In Rivers State
- Indorama Train-3: Eleme Council Demands Employment, Security and Power Supply
- World Human Rights Day: CEHRD Wants Sustained Assaults On Human Rights Stopped
- Marginalisation: Degema People Demand Political Inclusion, Development Projects
- The World Celebrates Rex Lawson 52 Years After
- Ijaw Coalition Rewards 2022 Flood Disaster Heroes With Awards, Cash