The Federal Executive Council presided over by President Buhari has approved the Federal Ministry of Environment & Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP) memorandum for the construction of Centre of Excellence for Environmental Restoration at Wiiyaakara, Bori, Khana Local Government Area of Rivers State by CCECC.
The Council also approved the construction of a 100-Bed Hospital in favour of Tanit Medical Engineering Ltd at the sum of #18,308,463,225.37 in Tai, Ogoni.
President Buhari said he is committed to implementing the UN Environment Programme, UNEP Report on the livelihood component of the Ogoni Clean Up project.
Health challenges including infertility, cancer, eye and respiratory problems among others have been part of reported impacts of the massive pollution in Ogoniland from unregulated oil operations there by Shell resulting in long-term uncleaned –up oil spills.
The UNEP Report had recommended a center of excellence to tackle some of these challenges which Ogonis, especially women who are mostly affected, have continued to demand for.
- Rivers Civil Society Walk To Beat Plastic Pollution
- Public Interest Lawyers Demand Urgent Tackling of Pollution, Repair of East West Rd
- Rivers Governor Swears in Head of Service, Others
- Gov. Diri Kicks Off 5th Bayelsa Governor’s Cup
- CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANISATIONS CALL ON PRESIDENT BOLA TINUBU TO URGENTLY RESOLVE CONTROVERSIES OVER THE APPOINTMENT OF INSPECTORS-GENERAL OF THE NIGERIA POLICE FORCE
- Stallion Times Trains Journalists on Investigative Journalism in Kogi
- NCAA/WARC CHARGE SOUTH SOUTH MEDIA ON ELECTORAL INTEGRITY, ACCOUTABILITY
- More Than A Moment Of History