In line with the decision of Rivers State government to provide palliatives to cushion the hardship occasioned by the lock down currently observed in the state, as a result of the outbreak of covid-19, the governor of Rivers State, His Excellency, NyesomEzenwoWike, has set up a committee to work out modalities for the smooth implementation of the program.
This committee reflects all interest groups.
Members of the committee are as follows :
1.Ambassador Desmond Akawor (Chairman)
- DrBariere Thomas
4.Chief David Briggs
5.Mrs Florence Amiesimaka
- Mrs Stella Ichenwo
- Mrs Anthonia Kpakol
- Hon. Edison Ehie
- Mr Samuel Nwanosike
- Hon Hope Ikiriko
- Mr Latteh Loolo
- ACP Innocent Umerie (Representative of Nigeria Police Force)
- Hassan Yahaya (DSS)
- Lt Col Bello (Nigerian Army)
- AC Mathew Pama (Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps)
- Wing Commander Comfort Visah (Nigerian Air Force)
- Lt Commander CJ Udeh (Nigerian Navy)
- Venerable Richard Opara
- Alhaji Abdulrazaq Diepriye
- Monsignor Pius Kii
- Archbishop Felix Ezebunwo
- Mrs Vivian Braide
- Prince Ohia
- Paulinus Nsirim (Secretary).
This committee will be inaugurated tomorrow, Monday April 6, 2020 at the Government House, Port Harcourt by 12noon.
Attendance of the inauguration ceremony will be strictly for members of the committee.