A member of the Grassroots Development Initiative (GDI) and employee of the Rivers State Road Maintenance Agency, Mr. Destiny Iganibo, has died from excessive bleeding after he was caught by security men attached to the home he and another of his gang members had bombed.
Iganibo, who hailed from Tombia in Degema Local Government Area of Rivers State, had gone to the home of a former Commissioner for Water Resources, Hon. Tamunosisi Gogo-Jaja in Port Harcourt, in company of another unknown assailant in a black Hillux pick-up at 2am on February 24 and thrown dynamites at the house.
But luck ran out on him as security personnel attached to the house caught him while his colleagues escaped. In a short video clip that was uploaded on social media after he was caught and was bleeding profusely, Iganibo identified himself as a worker with the Rivers State Road Maintenance Agency.
He cried out for help, saying he was dying. “I am dying o! I am dying o! I no dey see una again (I am not seeing you again).
Gogo-Jaja was heard in the clip interrogating Iganibo. “You came to my house by 2am to throw dynamite. They sent you to come and destroy me and destroy my family. Rivers people, this is one of those people who came to dynamite my house. “They came here with a black Hillux pick-up. They didn’t know that my police, my security men were on alert because of the incessant dynamite they have been throwing. This is happening eight minutes after 2am in my home.”
There were attacks on homes of supporters of PDP Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar during that period. Gogo-Jaja is one of Abubakar’s supporters in Rivers State.
- COMMUNIQUE ON THE 2023 WOMEN WATER SUMMIT/WORLD WATER DAY CELEBRATION HELD ON MARCH 23, 2023 AT THE CATHOLIC PASTORAL CENTRE IGWURUTA RIVERS STATE
- CODE ENDS ONE-DAY SOUTH-SOUTH STAKEHOLDERS TOWN-HALL MEETING
- A-Ibom YPP guber candidate urges Police to probe alleged killings of three persons in Ibiono Ibom
- Anybody who wins is my candidate – Gov Emmanuel
- Five political thugs nabbed in Akwa Ibom
- Akwa Ibom Police Command deploys 11,000 for guber, HoA polls
- UPLAND/RIVERINE POLITICAL DICHOTOMY: CAN THE IJAWS RECLAIM THEIR TRADITIONAL DOMINANCE IN RIVERS STATE?
- CIEPD CALLS ON INEC TO RESPECT THE ELECTORAL ACT