The coordinator of the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project, HYPREP, Prof. Nenibarini Zabbey has intimated Ogoni communities of the projects policy of integrating affected communities in the clean-up process, to engender ownership of projects in their domain.
To this effect, Prof. Zabbey led a team of HYPREP scientists and community fisher folks on a ground breaking investigative study on the correlation between mangrove and fish attraction along Ogoni shoreline on Saturday, November 18, 2023.
According to him, the primary objective of the study is to, “create empirical tree restoration baseline data with which the post-mangrove baseline data with which the planting, fisheries data shall be compared.”
- Nnimmo Bassey Bags the 2024 Wallenberg Medal
- Search For Common Ground Launches New Peace Approach For 666 Niger Delta Communities
- Workshop Participants Advocate Sustainable Solution to Water Crisis
- Group Trains Rural Women On Air Quality Monitoring
- Women, PWDs Sensitized on Environmental Resilience
- Access Holdings CEO, Herbert Wigwe, Dies in Chopper Crash in California
- Ijaw Nation Warns Against Impeachment Of Gov Fubara
- Women Lament Pollution Of Water, Environment In Eleme