A release from the Christian Association of Nigeria CAN national secretariat to all national leaders, zonal chairman and state chairmen ….
This is to inform you that the CAN president, in view of the continuous killings, banditry and host of other problems in Nigeria, has considered it imperative and absolutely necessary that our country needs prayers for God’s mercy and intervention in our lands.
Consequently, all local churches are expected to gather in the evening of each day set aside (May 28th – 30th) for the prayers to pray to God in the attitude of mourning or soberness for the bloodshed of many innocent Nigerians most especially, Christians.
1. That we are sad and pained for the blood of many innocent Nigerian that evil people in our midst had shed or for those kidnapped and abused in various ways. That God should forgive our sins wherever we as a church or Nigerians, especially our leaders had sinned against God.
2. That the plans of the evil people in our dist to paralyze social and economic activities in this nation and throw the nation into chaos will be force by the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. That any religions madness or war that would not allow us to worship be nullified by the Lord.
4. That the church would prevail over all threats to her existence in Nigeria. That the gate of hell will never prevail against the church in the name of Jesus.
5. That our leaders would do justice in leadership and fairness to all ethnic and religions groups in all their actions go as to douse ethnic and religions litigious we have presently.
6. That law enforcement agents would rise to their responsibilities and provide the necessary security we need in Nigeria.
7. That every step the terrorists, bandits, kidnappers, gunmen and other wicked people in our midst take benefits would be failed. That unseen hands and army of the Lord will fight and Nigeria would be at peace.
8. Pray and plant righteousness, goodness, prosperity, peace and love in our nation.
9. Pray for the speedy recovery of our nation from all our losses so that this nation might become very soon, a nation that everyone in the world would love to be.
10. Pray to break the yoke of foundational course that might have been placed on Nigeria and has leadership during the share trade by the nation
Barr. Daremola Joseph Bade
CAN Gen Sec.