The Bible says in the book of Proverbs, that” the counsels of a King is a second mother to a child.” As some aggrieved leaders of O’dua Peoples Congress (OPC) have agreed to sheath their sword following a peace process initiated by the Benin monarch, Oba Ewuare II to resolve the misunderstanding that led to the division among the socio-cultural group.
Following the intervention of the Oba of Benin leaders of the two warring factions have arrived at a consensus. The leaders of the two factions led by its presidents, Aare Prince Osibote and Otunba Wasiu Afolabi had met separately with the Oba of Benin in his palace in Benin City where they expressed appreciation to the Oba for promoting friendliness between the ancient City of Benin and Ile-Ife.
Speaking to newsmen at Oba’s palace during his visit, Osibote said, “We are your subjects and your sons; there is nothing that we can do without Benin as far as O’dua is concerned.
“We are from here (Benin Kingdom) and Ile-Ife in Osun State is very important to the organization. Without this, we cannot move forward”, Osibote added.
In his comment, Afolabi who gave a background of how OPC began a few years ago, promised they will reach out to bring in aggrieved members,
He said, “I really appreciate your own comments. We will call the few people that are outside together. We are really glad for your goodwill.
“Next time, we will be here as you have directed. We will make sure that we reach out to all aggrieved members and those who still harbour grudges.”
After listening to the submissions of both factions, the Oba cautioned the OPC leaders against stirring mistrust for partisan interests and sued for the promotion of unity, welfare and the cultural values of the people.
Reiterating the need for attitudinal change, the Oba of Benin charged members of the socio-cultural organization to shun partisan politics and form a formidable force to be reckoned with.
He promised to reach out to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi; (Ọjájá II) for further talks on the crisis.
- Police Crack Down OnArmed Robbers, Murder Suspects In Delta State
- Jonathan Recalls How His Govt. Resolved ASUU Strike
- Implement NDSP For Lasting Peace In Niger Delta-Dikio
- Beyond Propaganda Against A Better Nigeria
- The Philosopher King Delivers Damning Verdict On The Oil Thief
- HYPREP Joins The Rest Of The World To Mark The International Day Of The Conservation Of The Mangrove Ecosystem
- One of World’s Most Polluted Spots Gets Worse As $1 Billion Cleanup Drags On
- Sylvester Oromoni Vs Dowen College: The Curtain Draws Near