A Federal High Court in Abuja Judicial Division has granted an application of an interim Injunction upon a Motion Ex-parte before His Lordship, Justice I.E. Ekwu, restraining INEC from accepting any other list of candidates other than the Chief Dan Orbih’s camp who’s elections were monitored by the electoral body in Edo State on the 20th May, 2022 across the 18 LGAs.
The court however granting the application, gave INEC within 7 days to enter an appearance before the court from the day, 15th, it was served with the Originating Summons. The case has been adjourned to 22nd of June, 2022 for Motion on Notice.
Earlier in May, the PDP, held their primaries across the 18 LGAs, which was duly monitored by INEC officials. However, some members of the party loyal to the governor organized themselves with handpicked individuals who we never elected as ad hoc delegates in the congresses that were held earlier on. Unfortunately, none of those primaries were monitored by INEC even when there was connivance of the illegalities with some individuals in the state’s party secretariat.
- National Point Newspaper’s Two Day Media Training on Investigative Journalism, Inclusive Development and Accountability
- 8 Strange Uses For Cinnamon
- Extrajudicial Executions Under The Guise Of Tackling Insecurity In The South East Must Stop- Amnesty Int’l
- Oil Politics: Niger Delta Will Disengage From Nigeria – Prof G.G. Darah
- Divesting Not In The People’s Interest – ERA/FoEN
- More Condemnation Trails Reintroduction Of Water Resources Bill At NASS
- Akwa Ibom Calls For Inclusion of Mother-Tongue in School Curriculum
- 2023: Ex-Minister Faults Tinubu’s Claim On Naira To Dollar Equivalent