The National Working Committee (NWC) of the Performing Musicians Employers’ Association of Nigeria (PMAN) has suspended indefinitely, three of its members, Nehizena Arase, Evang. Richard Omoregbe a.k.a. Mochicobay and Richard Okhomina a.k.a. Ukodo.
The suspension of the three musicians is contained in an official statement from PMAN National Headquarters, Lagos, jointly signed by PMAN president, Pretty Okafor and general secretary Mr. Boniface Itodo on behalf of the NWC.
The statement stated that the elder musicians have been suspended indefinitely for anti-union activities, interrupting the orders of the PMAN National Working Committee as it affects the activities of PMAN in Edo State, instituting a lawsuit against the legally empowered leader of PMAN in Edo State in the person of Willy Eghe-Nova without the consent of the national body of PMAN and ganging up against the Edo State PMAN leadership to frustrate the National Working Committee restructuring Court Mandate Suit N0. NICN/1B/ 2020.
The statement stated that the suspension became
“imperative owing to the fact that the suspended and their cohorts who are not even financial members of PMAN going by PMAN records, constantly perpetuate illegality thereby creating confusion in the Edo State Chapter of the Musicians association”.
The national body equally admonished the suspended musicians to stay away from PMAN.
- Before You Run Away, Clean Your Mess, Community To Shell
- Wike Flyovers Turn Home For The Homeless
- Man Tortured By Police For Failing To Pay N50,000 Bribe
- As The Fever For Change Rages
- Armed Robbers Kill POS Operator, An Only Son
- Edo CP Extols ESN For Giving Information To Police
- Out Of 30, 979 Registered Voters, Only 1,348 PVCs Collected – Edo REC
- PDP Crisis: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Recognizing Obaseki’s Faction