The Edo State Police Command has said its men killed five suspected kidnappers, recovered arms and rescued one victim in Ughoshi-Afe bush, Ibillo, in the Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of the state.
A statement by the deputy police public relations officer, PPRO, ASP Jennifer Iwegbu, said the suspects were killed in a gun duel.
“The Edo State Police Command in its avowed commitment to rid the state of violent crimes, especially kidnapping on Sunday, rescued one kidnapped victim, neutralised five kidnappers and recovered arms and ammunition.
“This feat was achieved following credible information given to the command that hoodlums suspected to be kidnappers were operating in the Ughoshi-Afe bush, Ibillo, in the Akoko-Edo LGA, Edo State.
“On receipt of the information, the command immediately mobilized its tactical team from Ibillo as well as the vigilantes and hunters to the scene.
“The kidnappers on sighting the operatives opened fire on them, which led to a gun duel that left five of the kidnappers fatally injured. One kidnapped victim, Mr. Innocent Achebe (38 years), was rescued unhurt and had since been re-united with his family.
“Items recovered at the scene include two locally made pistols, charms and cartridges,” the statement added.
- Police Crack Down OnArmed Robbers, Murder Suspects In Delta State
- Jonathan Recalls How His Govt. Resolved ASUU Strike
- Implement NDSP For Lasting Peace In Niger Delta-Dikio
- Beyond Propaganda Against A Better Nigeria
- The Philosopher King Delivers Damning Verdict On The Oil Thief
- HYPREP Joins The Rest Of The World To Mark The International Day Of The Conservation Of The Mangrove Ecosystem
- One of World’s Most Polluted Spots Gets Worse As $1 Billion Cleanup Drags On
- Sylvester Oromoni Vs Dowen College: The Curtain Draws Near