The Edo State Police Command recently paraded six armed robbery suspects arrested in different police operations carried out to rid the state of criminals and their activities.
The Command’s Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Chidi Nwabuzor, told journalists during the parade of the suspects at the command headquarters that the police also intercepted a cult group as they planned an attack in Benin City and arrested one of the members.
Nwabuzor said the police action was taken with the help of intelligence reports received by the police.
He said, “On the 12th day of November 2022, at about 16.00 hours, we received intelligence from a reliable source that a group of armed robbers were terrorizing Okpegha Community Aduwawa Area, Benin City, Edo State.
“Upon the receipt of the information, operatives of the Command and Control Intelligence Rapid Response Squad (CIRRS ) and Egba Divisional Police officer in collaboration with Edo State Vigilante group swung into action and arrested the suspect, one Ogbe Igbinoba, with one cut to size gun and two live cartridges recovered.
“After painstaking investigation, on 17th Day of November, 2022 three other suspects, Lucky Ewaliefoh, Garuba Samson and Daniel John were arrested in various locations.
“The suspects confessed to have been notorious armed robbers that specialized in house breaking and burglary. Meanwhile, suspects are giving police useful information that will lead to the arrest of others at large.”
Narrating how some cultists and armed robbers were arrested in Uholor area, the PPRO said the police received intelligence on 16th November that some notorious criminal elements suspected to be deadly cultists and armed robbers had converged somewhere in the community.
“Intelligence also revealed further that these criminal are responsible for various violence cult clashes within Ekenwan and its environs that the reason for the gathering is to carried out an attacked on perceived enemies.
“Upon the receipt of the information, operatives of CIRRS swung into action and stormed the place where three notorious suspects, Victory Ishaka, Edafe Moses and Okunrobo Stephen were arrested with one locally made pistol recovered.
“The three suspects confessed to be serial cult killers who have been on police wanted list and members of a notorious cult group known as Aiye confraternity alias Black Axe,” he said.
One of the suspects, Edafe Moses, 19, from Ughelli North in Delta State said he was a cultist and that a cut to size gun was found on him. He said his friend gave him the gun to hold.
Edafe explained that he had property and houses that he could sell to bail himself, and begged that the police should not to charge him to court. He said he was into Bitcoin trading, and revealed that he was initiated into the trade in 2021. He confessed that was a member of cult gang operating in the state.
- TEXT OF PRESS BRIEFING BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE IJAW NATIONAL CONGRESS (INC), PROFESSOR BENJAMIN OKABA, ON THE DESPICABLE ACTS OF LIFE-THREATENING POLITICAL VIOLENCE UNLEASHED IN IJAW LAND AMIDST CAMPAIGNS FOR THE 2023 GENERAL ELECTIONS HELD AT THE IJAW HOUSE, YENAGOA, BAYELSA STATE, ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 4, 2023.
- Rivers LP Guber Condoles HRM OCC Nsirim’s Widow
- Women To March For Peaceful Elections Feb 2
- 2023 elections: women to march for peaceful polls in Lagos
- DELCOF Urge President Muhammadu Buhari To Avert Plots Against 2023 Elections
- Gov. Wike Donates Prado Jeep To Bishop Ekpeye
- Hard Life, Hard Drugs; Cultism, Easy Access To Hard Drugs Spike Psychotic Disorder Among Youths In Rivers State
- Indorama Train-3: Eleme Council Demands Employment, Security and Power Supply