If faith comes from hearing and believing, Nigerians have been charged to act and work faithfully and judiciously to salvage the country from her shackled condition.
The Niger Delta synod moderator of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, Rt. Rev. Ndukwe Daniel, gave this charge during the 87th Central Working Committee (CWC)/Men’s Christian Association (MCA) of all MCA leaders and delegates held at Presbyterian parish church, Rumuomasi, Port HarcourtNiger Delta Synod comprises Bayelsa, Delta, Edo and Rivers states
“If Nigerian Leaders must get it right. They must act faithfully and judiciously and be trust worthy. It is good to be trustworthy. Being trustworthy and working judiciously as well as faithfully in the Lord should be the watchword of our leaders.”
Rt. Rev. Daniel who centred his message to the delegates on: Faithfulness in Service; stated that if Nigerian remain faithful to God in their activities and engagements the country’s resources would be judiciously distributed.
“If we fear God and have faith in God we will be able to use our resources judiciously and evenly. In fact we need to use the resources God has given us successfully and judiciously. My message to the delegates at this meeting and Nigerians is that they should be faithful and trustworthy,” Rt. Rev. Ndukwe emphasized.
He explained that he was satisfied with progress and growth of Presbyterian Church nationwide even there was still room to improve and do more.
Also, speaking the chairman of MCA/CWE of all Presbyterian delegates, Elder. Awa Osonwa said that the purpose of the delegates meeting was to receive reports from the 10 synods of the Presbyterian Church across the country with a view to carrying out a reform.
Elder Osonwa explained that the church has been localised in one region of Nigeria, hence the need to expand the church through evangelism and winning of souls.
“The Presbyterian Church Nigeria has been more regionalized for several years. Localizing or planting Presbyterian Church Nigeria to other section of the country is our top priority. We also want other ethnic group in Nigeria to be part of the ownership of this church. Expanding the church is part of our evangelism. In fact, we want the locals or residents of our operational based to be involved,” Elder. Osonwa added.
“We are more democratic than some orthodox or new churches. Our practice gives room for members of the church to aspire for positions or seat,” Osonwa said of the Presbyterian Church.
Elder Osonwa stressed on the need for delegates to remaining good ambassador of their respective synod. “Let the delegates know that they owe responsibility to those that sent them to the CWC all delegates meeting. Let the delegates go back to their respective synod and communicate or tell their members some of the decision reached at 2022 CWC All Delegates Meeting,” Elder Engr. Osonwa urged.
- TEXT OF PRESS BRIEFING BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE IJAW NATIONAL CONGRESS (INC), PROFESSOR BENJAMIN OKABA, ON THE DESPICABLE ACTS OF LIFE-THREATENING POLITICAL VIOLENCE UNLEASHED IN IJAW LAND AMIDST CAMPAIGNS FOR THE 2023 GENERAL ELECTIONS HELD AT THE IJAW HOUSE, YENAGOA, BAYELSA STATE, ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 4, 2023.
- Rivers LP Guber Condoles HRM OCC Nsirim’s Widow
- Women To March For Peaceful Elections Feb 2
- 2023 elections: women to march for peaceful polls in Lagos
- DELCOF Urge President Muhammadu Buhari To Avert Plots Against 2023 Elections
- Gov. Wike Donates Prado Jeep To Bishop Ekpeye
- Hard Life, Hard Drugs; Cultism, Easy Access To Hard Drugs Spike Psychotic Disorder Among Youths In Rivers State
- Indorama Train-3: Eleme Council Demands Employment, Security and Power Supply