Non-for-profit organisations, Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism (WSCIJ) and Centre for Journalism Innovation and Development (CJID) Africa on Wednesday, would host a one-hour Twitter Space to discuss how media reported women’s participation in the 2023 elections across the country.
In a statement signed by the Executive Director CJID, Tobi Oluwatola, the Twitter space theme: Nigeria Media, Political Leadership and Women Equity’ was to commemorate the 2023 International Women’s Day (IWD) where panelists will speak to the theme.
“In line with this year’s IWD theme: Embrace Equity, the event will host stakeholders to discuss how the media have engaged and reported Nigeria’s women participation in the 2023 elections across the sub-national and national levels. It will also suggest a roadmap on how the media intentionally encourage inclusive governance,” the statement read in part.
The panellists are: Rommy Mom, the President of Lawyers Alert, Victoria Bamas of the International Centre for Investigative Reporting (ICIR), Remi Sonaiya, a University Professor and former Nigeria presidential aspirant and Sadiq Umar Ashafa, the Secretary of Women in Politics, Forum Kaduna State.
The event which is scheduled to commence from 11:00 am to 12: 00 pm, would be moderated by Kimberly Nwachukwu, a radio broadcaster with Nigerian Info.
WSCIJ has a vision of a just, inclusive, transparent and accountable Nigeria stimulated by ethical and sustainable media. CJID also works to strengthen the journalism sector to promote democratic accountability in the service of inclusive and sustainable development.
The director explained that the event is open to journalists, representatives of all tiers of governance, women’s rights advocacy groups, civil society organisations, human rights activists, and students of communication, political science and journalism.
Participants are expected to join the Twitter Space on Wednesday by 11: 00 am via this link.
– Usman Babaji
- COMMUNIQUE ON THE 2023 WOMEN WATER SUMMIT/WORLD WATER DAY CELEBRATION HELD ON MARCH 23, 2023 AT THE CATHOLIC PASTORAL CENTRE IGWURUTA RIVERS STATE
- CODE ENDS ONE-DAY SOUTH-SOUTH STAKEHOLDERS TOWN-HALL MEETING
- A-Ibom YPP guber candidate urges Police to probe alleged killings of three persons in Ibiono Ibom
- Anybody who wins is my candidate – Gov Emmanuel
- Five political thugs nabbed in Akwa Ibom
- Akwa Ibom Police Command deploys 11,000 for guber, HoA polls
- UPLAND/RIVERINE POLITICAL DICHOTOMY: CAN THE IJAWS RECLAIM THEIR TRADITIONAL DOMINANCE IN RIVERS STATE?
- CIEPD CALLS ON INEC TO RESPECT THE ELECTORAL ACT