Rivers State commissioner of Education, Dr Tamunosisi Gogo-Jaja has stated that the State Government is not introducing any levies in any of the state-owned schools.
In an interview on Tuesday, The Rivers Education Commissioner noted that since Governor Wike took over the leadership of the state, the State Government has not introduced new levies.
He described as false, rumours that new levies have been introduced by the Wike administration in tertiary institutions.
“Since this administration came on board, we haven’t introduced any new levies in any of our schools, not just the tertiary institutions.
“Rather, we are struggling to check excess charges. If the governor didn’t impose any levy when he was upgrading facilities in our tertiary institutions that were abandoned by the failed Amaechi administration before our arrival, why would we introduce levies now?” Dr Tamunosisi Gogo-Jaja said .
He added: “For the purpose of emphasis, there is no introduction of any levies in any of our schools “.
He said the rumour being spread by the APC is weak propaganda by a faction of the party seeking relevance.
- More Than A Moment Of History
- SCORECARD ON THE BUHARI ADMINISTRATION AND ADVICE TO THE NEW ADMINISTRATION
- June 6th edition
- Uncertainly Grips Rivers Civil Servants Over Delayed Promotions And Payments
- In His Passing, I’m Coming To Understand The Scope Of What Nimi Was All About – Ninah Nimi Briggs
- Eleme Women Protest Inheritance Denial
- NADESSTU Frowns At N25m Diverted Students’ Town Hall Meetings Fund
- CBN Takes eNaira Campaign To BIU