Rivers State commissioner of Education, Dr Tamunosisi Gogo-Jaja has stated that the State Government is not introducing any levies in any of the state-owned schools.
In an interview on Tuesday, The Rivers Education Commissioner noted that since Governor Wike took over the leadership of the state, the State Government has not introduced new levies.
He described as false, rumours that new levies have been introduced by the Wike administration in tertiary institutions.
“Since this administration came on board, we haven’t introduced any new levies in any of our schools, not just the tertiary institutions.
“Rather, we are struggling to check excess charges. If the governor didn’t impose any levy when he was upgrading facilities in our tertiary institutions that were abandoned by the failed Amaechi administration before our arrival, why would we introduce levies now?” Dr Tamunosisi Gogo-Jaja said .
He added: “For the purpose of emphasis, there is no introduction of any levies in any of our schools “.
He said the rumour being spread by the APC is weak propaganda by a faction of the party seeking relevance.
- TEXT OF PRESS BRIEFING BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE IJAW NATIONAL CONGRESS (INC), PROFESSOR BENJAMIN OKABA, ON THE DESPICABLE ACTS OF LIFE-THREATENING POLITICAL VIOLENCE UNLEASHED IN IJAW LAND AMIDST CAMPAIGNS FOR THE 2023 GENERAL ELECTIONS HELD AT THE IJAW HOUSE, YENAGOA, BAYELSA STATE, ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 4, 2023.
- Rivers LP Guber Condoles HRM OCC Nsirim’s Widow
- Women To March For Peaceful Elections Feb 2
- 2023 elections: women to march for peaceful polls in Lagos
- DELCOF Urge President Muhammadu Buhari To Avert Plots Against 2023 Elections
- Gov. Wike Donates Prado Jeep To Bishop Ekpeye
- Hard Life, Hard Drugs; Cultism, Easy Access To Hard Drugs Spike Psychotic Disorder Among Youths In Rivers State
- Indorama Train-3: Eleme Council Demands Employment, Security and Power Supply