The election bid of Pastor OsagieIze-Iyamu, the Edo APC candidate in the Sept. 19 Governorship election gained a major boost on Monday with an endorsement from a powerful coalition of Christian leaders across Edo State.
The coalition, comprising of church leaders across various Christian denominations in Edo State, announced the endorsement of the APC candidate at its one-day conference in Benin City. It said the endorsement was informed by various meetings in which the church leaders critically examined the interest of God in relation to the election and concluded that Ize-Iyamu’s SIMPLE agenda manifesto is a plan that will place Edo State and her citizens on the path of development.
In a communiqué released at the end of the conference, the church leaders encouraged Christians in Edo State, notwithstanding their denominations, to vote massively for the candidate of the APC, Pastor OsagieIze-Iyamu and his running mate, Mallam Gani Audu at the polls, while also calling for non-violent elections.
The communiqué was signed by highly-respected Christian clerics in the state, including Rev. Dr. Samson Igbinosa, Bishop Abraham Chibundu, Bishop James Oriebama, Pastor Dele Balogun, Rev. Onyekachi Ogbaji, Rev. Dr. Joseph M. Okeleke, Bishop IyobosaAtoe, Rev. Collins Okonofua, Apostle Emmanuel Igiehon, Bishop Dr. Osadolor Ochei, Rev. Osagie S., Bishop Osazuwa Eguavoen, Pastor Ikponmwosa Oiluke, and H.E. Rev. Dr. Peter Obadan.
In his welcome address at the one-day conference, Rev. Jeff Iyonawan said a politically disintegrated or disengaged church is a disservice to the kingdom of God as you cannot influence a system from the outside. “Before now, we have been told to stay away from politics and government because it is froth with corruption whereas a politically disintegrated or disengaged church is a dis-service to the kingdom of God”.
- At This World Cup, Nationality Is a Fluid Concept
- Senegal Redeem Africa In Qatar
- Host Communities Say No To Divestment
- CEHRD Calls On The Nigerian Authorities To Ensure No Perpetrator Of Violence Against Women And Girls Goes Unpunished
- There Is No Limit To What God Can Do
- Alternative Approaches To Protection Of Critical National Oil And Gas Infrastructure
- APC Chieftain Hits Okowa Over IGR
- Failed Promises: Apologize to Nigerians Over Failed APC Promises, Not Campaigning, Aniagwu Tells Tinubu